Saturday, January 28, 2006

There's a Pervert in Our Pool - Martha!


Last night, in lieu of watching Galactica live, I went to the Deerhoof show at the Ottobar. There, I was really glad to run into artist-filmmaker Martha Colburn, someone I met about 11 years ago through my friend Andy, the enfant terrible. We hung out when she had a show of her films at the New York Underground Film Festival. Nowadays, she's showing her work at Cannes and at the upcoming Whitney Biennial. Her super 8 films are crazy, dirty and fun pieces combining animation, painting, collage, and indie music. She also recently did the new Deerhoof video.
I had a fun time talking with her last night. Despite being a world renowned artist, she' still a regular chick from the MD/PA area. She told me that she's going to be featured in the upcoming issue of RES magazine. Check her stuff out.

No comments: