Monday, July 17, 2006

Vetiver and Beach House at Talking Head

Saturday night, I went to the Talking Head to see Vetiver.
Opening was Baltimore locals Beach House. They had an interesting sound: slide guitar, keyboards and drum machine with a pretty female voice, a little ambient, shoegaze-y quality. I was impressed. I heard they just signed with Carpark Records - I would look forward to their release.
Vetiver was pretty awesome. They are grouped with band like Espers and Brightback Morning Light, but they have this 70's country rock sound that really grounds them. The singer had a Gram Parsons quality as well. Incidentally, Otto Hauser of Espers was their drummer - I've seen him 3 times in the last year (it would have been 4 if Devendra Banhart hadn't cancelled his Baltimore show).

No comments: