Saturday, July 08, 2006

Baltimore Movie Theaters

I read this interesting article in the City Paper about the plans for a Landmark Theatres complex to open up in downtown Baltimore and what it means for local theaters like the famous Senator Theatre and the Charles Theatre.
Baltimore has some surprisingly excellent theaters in the area considering the market size probably because people like to go see movies around here. A Landmark theater is pretty exciting to have, especially one downtown where there are a lot more people moving back into the city. It actually makes me want to consider buying in the city when my lease comes up.
(photo by zizzybaloobah from flikr)

1 comment:

K8teebug said...

I read this article too! I thought the owners of the Charles Theater came across as total dicks. I hope the Landmark takes all of their movies. But then, where will the pretentious art students work?