Thursday, June 15, 2006

Another Tranquil Music Night at Lemon Hill

Tuesday evening was another Tranquil Music Night at the space, Lemon Hill, on Howard St. Again, nice an intimate. I was able to see 3 of the 4 acts scheduled as my early wakings in the last few weeks made me too tired to stay to the end.
The first act was Baltimore band, A Noble Lake. They reminded me of the Decemberists with a lot of sea shanties in their set.

Second was Two Percent Majesty, a duo from Portland, who went truly unplugged with singing, guitar and violin.
The lovely young lady on the violin and singing was tiny. They played nice folk music.


The last act I saw was Providence, RI's Alec Redfearn (without his group The Eyesores). He did some interesting songs with a Jew's harp as well as to a tape recording of other people singing (possibly him). He also played accordion. All in all a pleasant evening.

No comments: