Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Year End Lists: My Top 10 TV Moments of 2006

1. The Wire
What an amazing 4th season for The Wire- it seemed to be finally getting the critical hype it deserves this year, too.
Gotta love the moment when Omar, in his bathrobe, walks the streets of Baltimore terrifying the corner kids and even scoring a package.

2. Battlestar Galactica
This year saw the end of season 2 as well as half of season 3 - some less consistent episodes recently, but it's still damn good sci-fi. I loved the episode liberating New Caprica with the Galactica in the atmosphere, and the final battles of the Pegasus.

3. Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
The best food-travel show ever. My favorite episode was Quebec. It inspire me on a trip to Au Pied De Cochon for foie gras poutine. However the best moment was when he shared a raw seal carcass with an eskimo family. The old ladies laughing with blood on their faces was priceless. He ate the eye!


4. The Office
This show is definitely a distinct item from it's UK inspiration. I loved "The Merger" episode, particularly Ed Helms' Andy vs. Dwight.



5. How I Met Your Mother
What can I say - Robin Sparkles!
"Let's Go to the Mall!"





6. The Colbert Report
This was Colbert's year- I think it really came to light at the White House Correspondant's Dinner, but gosh darn, my nerd side loved the Green Screen challenge. It even brought Lucas out!
And with last night's Decemberist's shredding challenge, Colbert's da man!


7. Deadwood
Dan Dority vs. the Captain!







8. South Park
"Make Love, Not Warcraft" - a fitting tribute to our friends lost to the World of Warcraft. I know someone I have not seen or heard from in 2 years because of this game.



9. The Headbutt
Just because of how the Italian team were so obnoxious taking dives during the World Cup final, I think we all wanted to headbutt them on their asses like the great Zidane did. Even though he didn't win the match, we all won.




10. Tyler & Roeper
With Ebert out for his illness, this show has had a series of guest critics with Richard Roeper. You got to finally figure out if A. O. Scott actually liked or disliked a movie.
However, the best part was discovering Aisha Tyler is kind of nerdy. Her video picks one week were Ong Bak and Old Boy!

No comments: