Thursday, November 17, 2005

La Disparation


Tonight, another show, French singer-songwriter Keren Ann played at the Engineer's Club in Baltimore. Cool venue- some old school club in a mansion in Mount Vernon.
When I arrived the Baltimore Foodies were there for a "networking" party- thinking about joining the club next year -maybe...
The space Keren Ann played in was really cool - a salon with decorative ceilings- she sounded great playing a mix of her English and French songs as well as a cover of "The Tennessee Waltz" and Joni Mitchell's "Big Yellow Taxi."



I swear I had this olfactory sensation of pizza with oregano and garlic during the show. Someone who arrived late tried to get me to move over a seat so she and a friend could sit up close. Personally, I find this rude. I am making it a point to refuse to move over in concerts and movies to accomodate late arrivals. When I've got my sweet spot in the place, sorry, not budging. I hate it especially when they try to make me feel like the ass in this situation.

I like Baltimore cause in the next block over at the Peabody Conservatory, another concert was going on - such a marked difference in cultural activities versus Vegas. The Washington Monument looked really amazing tonight with the clear cold night sky. Ahhh... bundling up.

Tomorrow. . .the MVA.

No comments: