Saturday, October 21, 2006

Art Brut and The Spinto Band at Starlight Ballroom


Last night I went up to Philadelphia to see the Art Brut and The Spinto Band play at the Starlight Ballroom, a medium sized club in North Philly. It was a nice space in a slightly sketchy neighborhood.
I've been hearing a lot of good things about The Spinto Band from Wilmington, Delaware, and they truly lived up to the hype. These guys have a hell of a lot of energy- definitely a geek rock-dance punk sound. Really rocking.
Their fan base was rather young and consisted of a lot of girls.
When I saw Art Brut earlier this year at the Ottobar, it was easily one of the best shows I've seen this year.
They were pretty amazing last night as well, and the new songs they played from their upcoming new album were pretty damn good.
Lead singer Eddie Argos was still hilarious onstage- he had this great self deprecating take on music and pop culture. Alas, Argos shaved his awesome mustache.
I love how the audience could singalong to a lot of the songs like "Modern Art", "My Little Brother", "Formed a Band", and "Bang Bang Rock N Roll".

Here's the Art Brut setlist. I liked new songs "St. Pauli" and "Post Soothing Out".

1 comment:

Pressure Washing North Port said...

I enjoyeed reading this