Thursday, May 04, 2006

Books on Tape and Captain Ahab at the Floristree Space

Last night, went to a place downtown called the Floristree Space to see a show. Mainly, I wanted to check out the space because Wilderness is due to play there next week. Turns out it's a loft space- a great venue for small acts - even though it's private- it has it's own stage, PA, and a great view of the city from the 6th floor. I was impressed. I can't wait to come back.
Last night's show started with a performance art piece about a "Gay Utopia"- I'm not big on theatrics like this, but the audience enjoyed it some. First up was Books on Tape, a sampling mashup musician from LA. He was pretty fun to listen to - nice beats.
Following was a crazy group called Captain Ahab. They consisted of one guy who programmed electronics and sang, and the other merely got into his briefs and danced around and accosted the singer and the audience. They reminded me of A.R.E. Weapons but with more hilarious antics. The dancer molested me and mouthed my nipple through my shirt, but it was fun regardless of felling violated. I hope their song "Snakes on the Brain" is used by the upcoming Snakes on a Plane with Sam Jackson, bitch.

No comments: