Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Recher Theater, Towson

Went to see the Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins show tonight at the Recher Theater in Towson, MD. First off, since they were not allowing any pics during the show, I lifted some of these from Flikr, but they are all of this tour. Sorry.
The show was pretty darn good - it was very country with a 70's feel- Jenny Lewis was super cute, but I was riveted by the Watson Twins- I gotta say this- twins are Creepy! They moved in unison as they sang in perfect harmony because they have the same voice! Aaagh.
Jenny pretty much did all the songs from her record, and she threw in some new ones- I liked one called "Jack killed Ma" - it ended with a real 70's country rock jam. I also liked when she and the twins sang acapella into this beautiful microphone- possibly the purtiest I ever saw. . .
I enjoyed the openers - Whispertown (formerly Vagtown - the better name) did "Look at Miss Ohio" by Gillian Welch. Jonathan Rice was like an Scottish Conor Oberst, but less whiny in his voice- I quite liked him, particularly a song called "Middle of the Road"

No comments: