Thursday, March 30, 2006

Destroyer at the Black Cat in DC


Last night, went down to the Black Cat for my 2nd show this week. This one was much better- yet again stopped off at Ben's Chili Bowl for a Chili Half-Smoke- the jukebox was more mellow R&B this evening.



Opening was a pretty fun progrock group, Birds of Avalon. They sported 2 lead guitarists including a hot chick- they did the playing in unison gimick well. The singer jumped off the stage and ran into me. They were really fun to watch, and they ROCKED!
I love Dan Bejar, the lead of Destroyer. I love his stream of consciousness songwriting style and his "Big Bird a la Jad Fair" voice. This is the second time I've seen him in about 6 months, and he's a keeper. Supposedly, his new record, Destroyer's Rubies, is one of his most accessible, but I been a fan of his since Thief.

No comments: