Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quasi and Enon at the Touch and Go 25th Anniversary Festival

I only saw a couple bands on the rainy Sunday of the festival.
We first saw Quasi, a duo from Portland. This was my first time seeing them, and I thought they were pretty good. Janet Weiss is a the dreamy indie gal, and I liked Sam Coomes organ sound. It sounded good with a bassist playing with the band as well. Their sound definitely precedes groups like Mates of State.
DC band Monorchid (1 testicle) played but they cut their set short after blowing 2 bass amps.
The last band I saw was Enon. Their sound kinda sucked until we manuevered back a little. It was a little disappointing.
My touch with indie fame - the band crashed at my home in Vegas a couple years ago and we listened to Blue Skied and Clear(Morr).

No comments: