Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My Top Ten Movies of 2005 (no particular order)

History of Violence
I hear the screenwriter spits.






Broken Flowers
They kept playing the Ethiopiques album Rob Francis recommended to me years ago.






Kung Fu Hustle
I love Steven Chow - this is what Matrix 2 and 3 should have been - slapstick comedy.







Murderball
damn, quadriplegic guys get hot chicks.






The 40 Year Old Virgin
Hit close to home (close). Steve Carell is great. Paul Rudd is underrated.






2046
Some people didn't like the new Wong Kar-Wai, but I really dug it even though it was not his best film.






Old Boy
Saw this movie on video last year, but it deserves a mention. Jumpstarted my obsession with Korean cinema.





Me and You and Everyone We Know
))=((







The Squid and the Whale
Noah Baumbach really impressed me with this hilarious film. Also, Anna Paquin is hot.





Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit







Guilty Pleasures: War of the Worlds, Serenity,

Movies I should have seen but missed (hello DVD): Grizzly Man, The Weather Man, The Lord of War, North Country, Capote,

Movies yet to see: Munich, Brokeback Mountain, The Chronic- What?-cles of Narnia, Match Point, Jesus is Magic

Worst Movies I'm ashamed to have seen: Elektra, Ring Two, Cursed, The Island, Last Days, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

No comments: